Motorbike Protective Clothing Buying Guide
For a biker, there is nothing like the adrenaline rush that he feels when he speeds away. Even so, protective clothing is very important to protect oneself from any impending danger.
Components of Protective Clothing
- Motocycle Gloves: These gloves should be made from breathable and waterproof fabric. Wrist tight gloves with press stud fastening ensure to protect both the fingers and knuckles. Overlays on palm provide greater feel and grip. Adjustable cuff strap and elasticated inserts ensure more comfort.
- Pants: Protective riding jeans designed for summer sport riding is made of abrasion resistant fabric. Knee protectors ensure safety for the rider. The upper leg can be laminated with reflective panels to enhance visibility.
- Boots: Casual riding boot is crafted with channelled shift pads to protect yet allow an easy flex when walking. Sportsmen should opt for the ones with external ankle brace, composite inner sole and aerodynamic scuff pads for the toes.
- Helmet: Helmets made of tough shell with a practical opening-mechanism prevents opening during biking and guarantees safety. Effective air-ventilation, comfortable lining and seals provide comfort for rider.
- Jacket: Modern protective jackets made of heavy duty but supple fabric feature removable quilt liner, armour, outer and inner pockets. Jackets with tunnel collar and zip cuffs provide good insulation from the cold.
- Clothing with some bright and bold colours may help lower the risk of accidents.
- Choose protective clothing that is abrasion resistant and ensures thick body armour to lower the impact on most parts of your body.
- Armours with added back protectors will provide good protection for your back.
- Gloves with palm patches can be a good choice for the palms.
- Jackets and pants or long trousers are important as they protect your body parts from bugs, highway debris and insects.
- Armours made of high tech triangular shock absorbing material and dense lightweight layers of foam allow energy to be dispersed evenly over the surface.
ShopWiki Search Links