Breastfeeding Buying Guide
Breastfeeding your child provides the required nutrients for the healthy growth and development of the baby. Colostrum from mother’s milk is the perfect food for the newborn and so make sure feeding is initiated within the first hour after birth.
Breast Feeding Benefits and Advice
- Breast milk has rich antibodies that ward off infection. It also helps in the baby’s digestion process as it contains vitamins, minerals and enzymes.
- Mother’s milk contains the right amount of fat, sugar, water and protein that is needed for a baby's growth and development.
- Breastfed babies are less exposed to lower respiratory infections, urinary tract infections, ear infections and septicemia.
- Breastfeeding is recommended up to 6 months of age, with continued breastfeeding along with appropriate complementary foods up to two years of age.
Breast Feeding Help
There are products that ease out the strain in breast feeding and make it an everyday routine for mothers with just born babies.
- Breast pads: Breast pads absorb the leaking and are a boon to mothers with new born babies. Disposable breast pads are convenient options.
- Shawls and shields provide a safe separated place for your new born as you feed the baby.
- Nipple shields: Nipple shields provide air circulation and avoid friction from clothes.
- Nursing bras: They are convenient and suitable while nursing and there are several sizes for a comfortable fit.
- Warm compresses on the breast or a warm bath is helpful to relieve breast engorgement.
- Breast Pumps: If you have time in hand manual breast pumps are advised otherwise go in for electric breast pumps to store breast milk for feeding your baby in your absence.
- Furniture: Nursing stools and pillows allow for comfortable breast feeding and are really helpful to mothers with a sore back.
ShopWiki Search Links