Baby Blankets and Sheets Buying Guide
Baby blankets and sheets are a must if you have a baby at home. Not only do they protect your little one from cold, but they also provide a base layer to prevent the baby mattress from getting dirty. Pushchair blankets and sheets are equally important to give the baby a comfy ride!
Baby Blankets Materials
- Acrylic cellular blankets dry quickly and are light in weight. Even though they are priced similar to cotton blankets, acrylic blankets might not be as soft as cotton.
- Cotton blankets are cool during summer and warm during winter. They are lightweight as well and are usually machine washable.
- Fleece blankets have the ability to wick moisture away from the skin and babies will stay much more comfortable in fleece due to this.
Types of Baby Sheets
- Flat sheets are most often used along with baby blankets as a top sheet. But sometimes, they can be put over the mattress as well. When compared to fitted sheets, these flat sheets tend to look very clumsy.
- Fitted sheets can be used when your baby starts tossing and turning in bed. As they are fitted, they won’t ruffle due to a squirmy baby! But fitting them can become tricky if the mattress is heavy or stiff.
Tips for Selecting Baby Blankets and Sheets
- Choose baby blankets that are highly durable and of good quality material as they are subjected to high wear and tear.
- You should not buy baby blankets and sheets that are treated with chemicals as a baby’s skin is very soft and sensitive. It could trigger rashes and other harmful skin conditions.
ShopWiki Search Links