Baby Security Blankets Buying Guide
A baby security blanket or “lovie ” is generally a small blanket or piece of cloth that babies carry around with them and clutch and stroke it. The possession of the blanket provides the baby with a feeling of comfort and security. Lovie is essentially a stuffed animal with a cute head and arms which turns, to a blanket in the middle. Personalised embroidered lovies with the baby’s name and birth date on it are also available. You can choose blankets, which are designed with shapes of duck ,bunny , monkeys, elephants and bear .
Fabric and Colours
- Cotton is the most commonly used fabric in baby security blankets. But some blankets are also made from fleece or flannel, backed with satin or silk.
- Baby blankets made from chenille give optimal comfort and feel to babies.
- They are available in colours such as light pink , yellow, green or blue. Prints such as clouds, bunnies, sheep, flowers, plaids or stripes are also available.
- It is wise to get a personalised security blanket if your baby is been taken care in a day care centre, or spends time at any friend’s house.
- You should always buy two identical security blankets. It helps when you have to give one for washing.
- Always select a blanket made from cotton as it suitable for all climatic conditions.
- Make sure that they are not made from synthetic fabric as it is harmful.