Beach Ceremony Guide
If the idea of tying the knot in one of nature's most romantic and alluring settings -- the beach -- completes the picture of your perfect wedding , then you will soon need to begin the planning process. Many factors play a role specific to this type of ceremony , from flowers to floor rentals . Just don't forget the sunblock !
Where To Begin
There are some very important questions to consider before you go any further in your wedding planning . Once these are answered, you can then go forth with the fun and fancy details.
Though it may seem overwhelming, it is time to consider how the beach location will be prepared to hold a wedding ceremony .
- Floor Or No Floor?
- If the ceremony will be more formal, then go with a floor rental . At a more formal affair, consider constructing a floor to allow your guests easier access to and from the beach.
- For a more informal beach wedding , guests can gather around in the sand, barefoot even. You can also set up seating in the sand .
- If the floor is in place, utilize comfortable and elegant chairs for your guests.
- Benches are another smart option, with or without the flooring. Think about rattan seating, or large throw pillows as seating if you are looking for a very casual setting.
- Even if you opt to have your guests stand in the sand for your ceremony, have some chairs readily available for the elderly or those who cannot stand for a long period of time.
- Tent Rentals
- Though you surely will want your ceremony outside of the tent , it is wise to have one available just in case the weather does not hold out as planned.
- If the ceremony is held at a resort, be sure to alert your guests as to where the nearest restrooms are.
- If the ceremony is being held in a more remote location, you may want to rent portable toilets for your guests.
- Sound System
- With the loud ocean waves crashing behind you, perhaps you want to consider renting a sound system .
- If the gathering is very small, this may not be necessary, but for a larger crowd you will want the ceremony to be heard through speakers ,amplifiers , and a microphone .
With the water as such a beautiful backdrop, your decorations do not need to be elaborate. Think about what is particular to the area where your ceremony will be. If it is a large boating community, play up the nautical theme with decorations such as oars or anchors . If it is a more tropical beach , try seashells or coral items.
Find vendors in the area as soon as possible. Since you will be holding the wedding on the beach, there may be restrictions on when you will be allowed to come in and set up the scene. You may need the vendors to take care of this for you! See our guide to Planning a Destination Wedding for more information.
Here are some fun and important factors that will need to be arranged for your beach ceremony .
A Special Touch
Now it's time to have more fun with your planning . At this step, you can make things personalized and creative. See these related guides to help you keep your beach ceremony coordinated.