Lip Gloss Buying Guide
Lips can be made to look glossy, voluminous, and hydrated with the help of lip glosses.
Kinds of Lip Glosses
Lip glosses are available in various colours, shades and brands. They are available in various flavours like apple and grape, and in different forms as creams, tubes, roll-ons and liquids.
- Translucent lip glosses are light and are used for adding some sheen to the lips. They do not last very long.
- Glitter or shimmer lip glosses make the lips look glossy and shiny and can be used for formal events or occasions.
- Pot lip glosses are thicker in texture, work better as a moisturiser, and generally last longer.
- Coloured lip glosses are thick and gooey but are very versatile. They stay on longer than lipsticks and also provide shine along with colour.
- Nude lip glosses are ideal for a very natural and simple look.
- Lip lacquers create an extremely gorgeous look and give greater shine. Hence, use them for stage shows or performances.
- Highlighting the lips and creating special effects on lips is possible with lip glosses in iridescent, gold or sheer silver colours. It produces a wet look, ideal for evening parties.
- Lip glosses should be used sparingly over thick lips as they would look even fuller while women with thin lips can apply lip glosses on their lips lavishly.
- Lip balms can be applied prior to the use of lip glosses as they nourish, moisturise and help in setting the lip colour well.
ShopWiki Search Links