Lipsticks Buying Guide
Lipsticks are meant to moisturise and glamorise your lips. Be sure to choose a lipstick that suits your complexion and skin type, or it may make you look older.
Lipsticks for Your Skin Type
- Lipsticks for dry lips: There are moisturising lipsticks available which are suitable for people with dry chapped lips. They help to soothe your lips and keep them soft. They are enriched with ingredients such as vitamin E, aloe and glycerin which help in nourishing your lips and soften them. Satin and sheer lipsticks are also highly suitable for dry lips. With high concentration of oils, these lipsticks moisturise your dry lips.
- Cream and matte lipsticks: Cream lipsticks contain more wax than other varieties. They are thicker and are available in many colours. Matte lipsticks are known for good colours and style. Both matte and cream lipsticks may dry your lips and are not shining. So, applying a moisturising base can help your lips to be shining and soft.
- Lips for shining finish: Frosted lipsticks are shining, reflect light and help your lips shine and sparkle. These lipsticks are great for night out parties. They give you a rich look and highlight you in crowd. But frosted lipsticks are heavier and may dry out your lips. So a moisturising base may help while using these lipsticks.
- Long-wearing and transfer-resistant Lipsticks: These lipsticks are preferred for daily use by women who don't have time to fuss with their makeup. They help in keeping your lips looking beautiful for hours. Long-wearing lipsticks last from 4 to 6 hours, while transfer-resistant may last 8 or more.
- Lip glosses: Lip glosses are used to add shine and lustre to your lips. They can be used along with cream lipsticks to add shine or can be used separately. They are light and are soft for lips. These lip glosses are preferred by women who have thin and small lips.
- Adorn and Adore
- Max Factor
ShopWiki Search Links