Perfumes Buying Guide
Perfumes are made of fragrant oils, ingredients and compounds. Various fomulas and concentrations are available to compliment any personality, man or woman.
- Parfum: This is the strongest available fragrance. They have 15-30% perfume essence concentration. This avoids repeated usage as a single spray will last for a long time.
- Parfum De Toilette: This is available in high concentrations. They come in either a splash or a spray bottle.
- Eau De Parfum (EDP): The word ‘Eau’ is French for water. This type of perfume typically has 8-15% concentration of fragrance. It is less expensive than Parfum but does not last as long.
- Eau De Toilette (EDT): This has a 4-8% concentration, making it a lighter and more delicate fragrance. It is a good choice for daily use.
- Eau De Cologne (EDC): This has a 3-5% concentration and can generally last up to two hours. This type of perfume and aftershave is the most popular among men as an aftershave.
- Perfumes for men are efficient and have a distinct masculine fragrance. For a gentle aftershave or a mild fragrance, EDCs are preferred.
- Parfum, Parfum De Toilette and Eau De Parfum are the best bet for a long lasting and strong fragrance. Of course, its higher concentraton also means it's more expensive. If you have a limited budget, you can always go for Eau De Toilette of the scent, which is simply less concentrated.
ShopWiki Search Links