An stereo equipment because it will cut out unnecessary noise from the inside and outside of your car, as well as boost other frequencies. The interior of your car is full of things that can affect your sound. A carpeted floor can absorb and dull sound or the glass windows can make for heavy reverberation.
What to Know Before Buying
* An equalizer's ability to control sound is primarily determined on how many bands it features. The more bands, the more tailoring you can do and the better sound you can get.
* There are two types of equalizers. A graphic equalizer is simpler and uses controls or sliders to boost or cut frequencies.
* A parametric equalizer is much more complex. It can control the level of frequency, the primary frequency, and the bandwidth of each frequency. If you want more control and finer adjustments, this is the one to go for.
* An equalizer is ''not'' the same thing as a subwoofer output.
* Do some research on your products and make sure they will work with your car and your stereo. You don't want to get stuck with something that isn't compatible.