Casual Work Clothes for Women
Business casual may just be one of the trickiest phrases every invented. Most people have a hard time deciphering exactly what this means, and how then to appropriately dress in the office. When picking out casual work clothes , you want to be stylish and polished, yet comfortable and relaxed.
A Few Tips
- Check with HR: Keep in mind that "business casual" means different things to different companies. Ask your human resources department if they can provide some guidelines.
- Get serious: Before you go casual, check your daily planner to make sure you will not have any business meetings that day. Meetings should always be more formal .
- Minimal make-up: Keep your make-up light. Let your natural beauty shine through.
- Too sexy: Wearing see-through sheers and lace, miniskirts, and stiletto sandals, and spaghetti straps is normally a BIG no-no at the workplace.
- Too casual: Shorts, t-shirts, hats, and trainers typically make an outfit TOO casual, and thus are not appropriate for work.
- Too sloppy: Anything wrinkled, baggy, or worn in too many layers can make you look much less professional, and therefore not taken seriously.
- Mix and match: You don't need to break the bank. Have separates that can easily be mixed and matched together and will go from work to weekend.
Suggestions for Fall/Winter
Mix and match these essential work clothing separates to make your casual look more sophisticated or more laid back!