Clothing Outerwear Jackets Buying Guide
Jackets are an important part of your clothing routine if you are heading outdoors. You will have to make a wise decision of preferring functionality over style when you buy jackets.
Factors to Consider
- Layering: Layered jackets are conducive for cold weather. Shells are jackets with three layers. The outer layer is the shell; the middle layer could be fleece and then comes the base layer. Insulation is provided to the wearer by means of the down feather. Wind resistant jackets are favourites in cold dry weather conditions. Waterproof shell jackets are the most popular in cold wet weather. Soft shell jackets on the other hand combine the middle and the outer layers to form a soft shell.
- Style and Construction: Leather jackets are the most prevalent as they are considered stylish. Fleece jackets are suitable for children and women as different softer styles are possible with fleece. Jackets with cotton lining absorb perspiration and also breathe well. Embellishments, zippers and pockets and hoods add to the style factor and are functional as well.
- Applications: Outdoor sports like mountaineering, hiking and camping require a special type of jacket depending on the weather prevalent in the region covered. Winter sports like skiing require water proof jackets. When you are involved in outdoor activities like fishing, you would need a jacket to keep warm.
Jacket Selection Tips
- Choose your jacket based on the activity it is to be utilized for. A shell jacket may be suitable for a cold winter night hike, but not for a walk on a summer afternoon for they will be heavy and too warm.
- Select the predominant feature that your jacket should have. Find out whether they are durable, waterproof, breathable, lightweight, with vents, freedom of movement, stylish cut and colour.
ShopWiki Search Links