Skirts Buying Guide
They can be worn both as a formal and casual wear depending on the choice of fabric, colour, pattern and style.
Styles and Cuts
- Pencil skirts are straight and narrow resembling pencils that they are named so. Most of denim skirts are in this shape and cut. They either show off or add body curves.
- Circle skirts can form a full circle if set on the floor. Normally these skirt types are made using fabrics that are light weight and are normally short.
- A-Line skirts are narrow near the waists and flare slightly at the bottom. They normally fall till the knees and are universally flattering in style.
- Trouser skirts are either flared or fitted. They have belt loops, pockets and fly fronts.
- Tiered skirts can be made to look casual or formal based on the choice of fabric. Flared tiers are created using horizontal fabric bands around the basic skirt and fall till the mid calf length.
- Pleated skirts can begin at the waist with fabrics stitched closely to each other to lend a gathered look.
- Mini Skirts or short skirts look great on women with long and slender legs and reach the mid of the thigh.
- Long skirts or maxi skirts reach till the ankles and most often worn during winter or summer using appropriate fabrics. When paired with right tops they look fashionable.
- Asymmetrical skirts vary in length near the sides and are a great for casual evenings.
- Bias-cut skirts are created using diagonally cut fabrics and look very feminine.
Skirts and Body Types
- Try skirts like the pencil skirts, straight skirts or the A-lines that are flared slightly.
- If you are slender and petite you can choose the skirt length which reaches just over the knees.
- Try skirts with seams or stripes to create an illusion of looking tall. Full length skirts can also make the wearer look taller.
- Slightly flared skirts covering the knee part would be the right choice for these women.
- Skirts with back closures and flat fronts can be selected.
- If you have heavy bottoms, it is ideal to choose the skirts that end near the narrowing part of the knees.
- Dropped waist skirts can be used to de-emphasize the middle region.
- Try mid length skirts, miniskirts or asymmetrical types.
ShopWiki Search Links