Jackets Buying Guide
Jackets are a style factor that guards you against harsh elements like wind and cold.
Types of Jackets
- Fleece Jackets are widely used for their insulation and moisture absorbing properties in order to move moisture content outside. They are versatile that they can be either used alone without outer shell or with them. They most often have the property of water resistance.
- Soft Shell Jackets function both like the outer shell and insulation layer. They are highly flexible and breathable but are not very efficient in waterproofing when compared with the hard shell jackets. They are not very bulky and are hence comfortable. Ideal for activities like bouldering, climbing and skiing.
- Hard Shell Jackets are breathable and waterproof. They are light in weight, thin and are available in bright colours. With hoods they offer enhanced protection from strong winds and rain. They are very functional as they come with insulating and moisture absorbing properties.
- Down and mountaineering Jackets are ideal for coldest climatic conditions as they provide enough insulation to your body. They are created to offer ultimate heat preservation and it is lightweight owing to the high filling power.
- Full body suits are ideal for surviving in the coldest of weather conditions with breathability and insulating properties.
Brands of Jackets
- The North Face
- Outdoor Research
ShopWiki Search Links