Cot Bedding Buying Guide
While cute colours and patterns are fun aspects of purchasing your baby's bedding, there are some other important factors to keep in mind. Safety and comfort should always be at the top of your priority list when it comes to your baby and his or her bedding is no exception. Before you choose out the cutest pattern out there, take a look through this guide to help find the perfect match for your baby. You'll be glad you took the extra time and effort, when your baby is sleeping safe and sound in his or her new cot.
Safety should be your number one priority when purchasing baby linens. Here are some safety tips to keep in mind when browsing different brands and sizes.
- For sheets, buy for your cot type and mattress size. Sheets that can be pulled out from under the mattress are potentially dangerous for youngsters.
- Newborns will not be able to adjust their sheets or move them if they feel suffocated. Look for items that help prevent this.
- Have the bedding be light at first. Heavy materials will be overwhelming to tiny bodies.
- Always place them on their back for sleeping. (At least until they are able to sit up on their own.)
- Try to use materials that won't cause allergies and are baby friendly such as cotton.
- Certain fabrics may cause skin irritation.
- Make sure fabrics are firm enough to stay in place. While soft materials are great for comfort purposes, you don't want the baby to get lost amongst his or her bedding.
- Always wash everything with a baby friendly detergent before using.
- Keep everything at a comfortable temperature. Over heating or not enough warmth could be very dangerous for your baby.
When it comes to your baby's nursery, you can't help but think of cute colours and patterns that you want to indulge in. Decorating the room is very exciting and a great way to prepare yourself for parenthood. It can be confusing, however, and there are so many styles and patterns to pick from. Ultimately, it really all comes down to your preferences. Depending on what theme or colour scheme you want to go with in the nursery will great effect the type of bedding. Here are some tips when it comes to bedding styles.
- Going for gender neutral styles is great for parents waiting to find out the sex of the new baby or want the colours and patterns to work for multiple children.
- With a few exceptions such as pink or purple, many colours are gender neutral. Bright and cheerful combinations are the best for baby's because they help create a warm and friendly environment. The most common gender neutral hue is yellow , however, there are many directions you could take it.
- In terms of patterns, many are also gender neutral. Animals and Jungle themes are probably the most common.
- For girls, colour combinations can include pink, purple, and light pastel colours.
- Florals are often popular patterns as well as princesses or ballerinas .Cowgirls and angels have always become popular themes.
- Think girly thoughts and they should take you in the right directions.
- For boys the most popular colour themes are green or blue, but many gender neutral patterns and colours work great for boys.
- Think adventures and thrills when it comes to boys.
- Cowboys, sports and other themes along those lines such as fire engines or trucks will work great for boys.