Riding boots are specially designed to be worn by horse riders. Riding boots prevent the foot from slipping through the stirrup. These boots generally have a high heel, but now they come with flat heel as well.
Types of Riding Boots
* '''Tall Boots''': These riding boots cover the knee and end just below the knee. The different types of tall boots available include field boots, dress boots and hunt boots.
* '''Field boots''' are choices in all jumping disciplines, including show jumping and fox hunting.
* '''Dress boots''' do not contain cords at the ankle.
* '''Paddock boots''': These boots, also known as Jodhpur boots, are small boots that cover the ankle and are suitable for everyday use.
* '''Western boots''' also known as Cowboy boots are made from the flat skin of the cow.
Materials Used in Making Riding Boots
* Leather: Riding boots are ideally made from smooth leather, but they are also available in vinyl and synthetic leather.
* Elastic or cushion soles in these boots provide you the utmost comfort while riding.
* There are riding boots with zips, stirrups or laces.
* You can also choose boots with removable insoles or orthotic soles based on your preference.
* Riding shoes with collar give a finishing touch to the attire.