A cruise holiday is the perfect way to escape from the ordinary, and it is no wonder that cruise ships have become the latest way to travel . With many amenities to offer and a myriad of ship options, cruising has come to be a popular holiday alternative for singles, couples, families, groups of friends, destination weddings, and honeymoons.
- See a new island ,city , or landmark every few days with accommodations, meals, and activities all included.
- For those travellers seeking a more pampered and luxurious experience away from home, luxury cruises provide the utmost in service, comfortability, and personal attention.
- Cruises offer a wide variety of travel destinations to choose from, with flexibility to sail from a port that is the most convenient to you.
- Selecting a cruise itinerary which best suits your interests is very easy.
- You have the option of choosing a larger or smaller ship , as well as choosing one with more activities or a quieter atmosphere.
What To Know Before You Go
- The base price will include your accommodations, on-board entertainment and activities, meals, and use of facilities on-board the ship.
- Keep in mind that drinks (alcoholic and soft drinks) are NOT INCLUDED on most cruise lines.
- You will need to tip porters, servers, bartenders, etc. throughout the week. This averages around £50 per week.
- Shopping ,gambling ,shore excursions , and spa treatments will not be included. Budget around £100-200 per person per week for these costs, or more if you are indulgent.
- When formal nights are held, respect the dress code. A cocktail dress is appropriate for women and a suit or a dinner jacket for men.
- Beachwear ,shorts ,caps , or ripped jeans are not allowed in the dining rooms.
- Smoking is typically not allowed in public areas. This includes the dining room, show lounges, and theatres. There may be special areas designated in which to smoke.
- Videotaping is allowed on-board. However, taking video of activities and performances may go against copyright laws, and it is wise not to do so.
- On the day of embarkation, most cruise lines offer transfer shuttles from the nearest airport to the cruise ship's docked location.
- Be sure to tag your luggage . The cruise line will handle it for you so that it ends up at your appropriate stateroom.
- Have your passport ready and up to date.
- Research customs and regulations in your ports-of-call.
- Know what you will be allowed to take on and off of the ship. Like most things, some restrictions do apply.
Browse through these recommended and most popular destinations .
There are many cruise lines out there to choose from. Cruise lines differ based upon port of call ,ship size , ship atmosphere, and price range. With a different experience awaiting you on each ship, you can always cruise more than once!
With your cruise in mind, utilize these guides to help you complete the details.