Ladders Buying Guide
Ladders are essential to reach high ceilings and walls to so any cleaning and repairing at these heights.
Ladders are available as light duty, medium duty and heavy duty types.
- Aluminum ladders are light in weight and are highly durable. But they can conduct electricity and can easily bend.
- Wood ladders are heavy to carry but are sturdy and non conductor of electricity.
- Fiberglass ladders are not only light weight but also do not conduct electricity.
Essential Ladder Accessories
- Ladder platforms can be useful as they offer enough space for keeping materials and tools over the ladders and can clipped to the rung easily.
- Ladder tray can be used for holding tools and buckets at a high position.
- Ladder stay can be used for locking one end to top rungs of ladders and the other end can be rested against the wall that the ladder stays away from the wall slightly.
Tips for Selecting Ladders
- For household jobs, you can choose stepladders as they are available in various heights ranging from four to sixteen feet tall.
- Extension ladder types are ideal for outdoor activities, especially to reach roof tops or high branches and hence are available in the range of twenty to forty feet heights.
- Multipurpose uses and activities articulated ladders can be used. They can be used as straight ladders, stand off ladders, free standing ladders, double sided step ladder, stepladders or even as scaffolds. Their heights can range from twelve to sixteen feet long.
- You can choose non slip ladders for safe climbing.
ShopWiki Search Links