If you've walked down any UK street recently you can't have failed to notice the amount of dog owners that now choose to clothe their canine companions. Dog clothes are in fashion - make no mistake. But what are the benefits of canine apparel and what type of garment is suitable for your pooch?
Functional Dog Clothing
The first thing to consider when looking for clothing for your faithful friend is purpose. If you live in a cold climate, experience cold winters or high likelihood of inclement weather you should consider clothing that will protect your pet from the elements.
- If your dog is often exposed to wet conditions such as heavy rain or snow, you should consider a waterproof dog coat . Waterproof coats are available in a variety of sizes for all types of breeds. The best waterproof dog coats should be adjustable for comfort and fit; washable for longevity; and where temperature is a key consideration feature a fleece lining or other padded lining.
- If you walk your dog in areas where you want him to be highly visible such as in dense woodland or near busy roads, a hi-visibility or reflective dog coat should be an option you investigate.
- For situations where wet weather is not a consideration, there are a range of dog sweaters available to meet your pooch's comfort needs. The dog sweater is a flexible item of clothing that can be worn indoors for added comfort or after outdoor activity where your pet's body temperature maybe likely to drop such as swims or walks in the snow. Again, when choosing a sweater, you should look for a fit that does not restrict or adversely affect your dog's movement, is easy to put on or take off and can be cleaned with a minimum of fuss.
- One sensitive area on a dog are his paws. Whether in the town or country there are many potential chances for injury to occur to your animals paws. Whether as a preventative or recuperative measure, a number of companies make products designed to protect dogs paws . When choosing dog shoes or boots, pay particular attention to fit. You do not want to hinder your dog's movement or create the risk of injury to your pet. Make sure the dog footwear you choose is fit for purpose and features quality breathable and waterproof material. Beyond protecting your dog, dog shoes can also help protect your hardwood floors, carpets and upholstery.
People like to dress up their dogs. It's a fact. DogOutfits.net reckons the whole thing started in Hollywood and however it began, it's happening on a high street near you. According to DogOutfits.net, some of the most common reasons you may want to dress up your dog are parties, holidays, birthdays and major sporting events. Whatever your excuse, here's some pointers.
- Ever wondered if your faithful companion would make a good Santa? Try a Christmas dog costume to add to the season's fun.
- Taking the pooch trick or treating? No need for him to feel left out when you have all these Halloween dog costumes . He may even earn you extra candy.
- Collecting an OBE? Wedding? May Ball? No problem, a range of doggy formal wear is available for your plus one.
- Didn't see something you liked? Don't worry, whatever your taste or budget there is a range of dog costumes to match. As DogOutfits.net points out, dog costumes are a great way to brighten up someone's day, raise a smile or start a conversation. Just remember to always consider the welfare of your pet first and foremost by never making him wear anything that does not fit correctly, restricts his movement or in anyway endangers his safety or comfort.