Dog Houses Buying Guide
Dog houses are a great luxury for your canine friend. It can be a form of shelter during the rain or a fun hangout place for your pooch. Buying a dog house can be a bit pricey. Building your own dog house is fairly easy for those with basic skills with a hammer. The beauty of building your own dog house is not only is it a labor of love, but you can also control the design, size, and price to a greater extent. Check the external link section for directions and tips on building your own dog house.
Dog House Buying and Building Tips
- Make sure the dog house is big enough for your dog to stand up, sit down, and sprawl out.
- Leave a place inside the dog house for food and water.
- It's never good to leave a dog outside all the time. Dogs like to spend time inside with the family!
- Put a few toys in the dog house. Make it fun!
- Is your dog having trouble understanding that the dog house is his? Use treats to lure him inside the dog house. Once he's inside, praise him and give him more treats.
- Be careful of wild animals, especially at nighttime.
- Make the dog house warm during the winter, but don't leave Fido out in the cold! Putting warm flannel blankets inside the house during the fall and winter is a great idea.
- If you have multiple dogs, try to make or buy a dog house big enough for all of them. Chances are that they will want to stay in the same house.
- Make sure your dog has a good view of the yard and house. Dogs like to see whatever it is they are guarding.
- Make sure all paints and materials are non-toxic and pet safe.