Electric Skillets and Woks Buying Guide
Electric skillets are great for cooking in "kitchenless" situations like dorm rooms, RVs, and cabins. One of the main benefits is that it has true temperature control use and clean, but it is the little things that distinguish a skillet fit for everything and one that's been pushed to the back of the cabinet.
* '''Lids''': Lids with large viewing windows allow you to see that your skillet is taking care of business, but keep in mind that certain materials like plastic can stain when cooking things like tomatoes
* '''Body''': Dishwasher safe is a good thing to keep an eye on if you hate to hand wash, and keep in mind that Sizzling Skillet
Check out the product recommendation below.
A wok is a tricky item to buy, and you should never buy one on impulse. If you are a wok
purist, you wouldn't dream of buying an electric wok, but for those of us in between, an electric wok can be a great thing to own and an easy way to practice whole new style of cooking.
* '''Accessories''': Woks might include a steam rack
for facilitating a variety of cooking uses. They may also come with utensils
, which may be nice for someone who is just starting up their kitchen collection and doesn't own any yet. Otherwise, spend the money on the wok itself and not the extras.
* '''Capacity''': For cooking large quantities at once, make sure your wok can handle at least 6 quarts. Larger capacities also allow for cooking other items besides stir fry, such as curries
and soups or stews. Keep in mind that these larger models may take up more counter space and can be harder to store.
* '''Cleaning''': Dishwasher safe models facilitate cleaning and make wok cooking more convenient. Likewise, you may want to pick one with a non-stick coating.
* '''Lids''': Glass tops are nice because they allow you to see what you are cooking and minimize splattering.
* '''Body''': A sturdy base lessens the chance of slipping, spilling, or tipping while you are serving or cooking.
See which wok you should purchase depending on which style of cooking you plan on using.