Computer Cleaning and Maintenance Buying Guide
Cleaning and maintenance of computer peripherals and accessories is very necessary to keep the computer in good working condition. It also prevents the computer from spreading germs or breaking down from excess dust.
Essential Cleaning Accessories
You can actually save yourself a lot of time by just getting a dust cover for the computer. However, if you didn't, here are a few cleaning essentials.
- Cloth: Of course paper towels can be used, but it is always better to use cloth. They are the best to clean components such as the outside of the case, mouse, drive and others.
- Portable Vacuum: They suck up the dirt, dust, cigarette particles and dirt out of a computer. Avoid standard vacuums as they produce static energy which can damage your computer.
- Cotton Swabs: For wiping hard to reach areas especially in the keyboard, mouse and other locations, a cotton swab moistened with alcohol or water will serve best.
- Foam Swabs: If possible it will be good to use these lint-free swabs.
- Canned Air: There are a lot of small spaces in a computer that we cannot reach. A gentle blast o canned air can blow away the particles.
How to Clean Computer Peripherals
- Keyboard Cleaning: Cleaning the keyboard removes bacteria and also helps your keyboard in functioning properly. You can also think of purchasing durable and clear covers which protect the keyboard from moisture, dirt, spills and other contaminants.
- Monitor Cleaning: Computer screens which are difficult to read because of dirt, dust and fingerprints can be cleaned with a simple household cleaner. Cleaners with ammonia are likely to remove the anti-glare protection. Microfibre towels and swiffer dusters can also be used.
- Printer Cleaning: Never spray any liquid directly onto the printer; instead dampen a cloth with water or rubbing alcohol.
- Scanner Cleaning: Spray a window cleaner onto a paper towel or cotton cloth and wipe the glass until clean.
ShopWiki Search Links