Some of the most romantic places on the planet are closer to home than you may think. With inexpensive airfare and the convenience of rail travel, why not take advantage of a romantic European honeymoon? No matter what your taste, whether it be Parisian lights, Mediterranean heat, snowcapped Swiss mountains, or Medieval castles, there is surely something special for you and your beloved to discover.
Top 10 European Destinations
What to Know Before You Go
- Getting Around: Invest in regional maps and local guides , and then look into rental car agencies . Bring along a pocket translator in case you have to stop for directions.
- Safer Travel: For international travel, keep your passport close by in a passport holder . Utilizing a money clip is also wise.
- Accommodations: You are might need converters for your electronic plug-ins. Think about voltage adaptors as well.
- Variable Weather: In many European countries, the weather can change very rapidly from dry to wet or hot to cold. Be ready for anything with an umbrella and jacket .
- Sightseeing: There's something to see in every destination, so bring a comfortable pair of walking shoes and binoculars . Don't forget the camera !
- Water Sports: In countries with warmer weather, snorkelling ,diving , or fishing are all the rage. Consider renting equipment from a resort, but be sure to have your own bathing suit ,sunblock , and beach towel on hand.
- Skiing: For those heading to the Alps, you will absolutely want to ski. Look for skiing equipment and bring heavy jackets and snow boots for the cold weather!
- Golfing: Many landscapes in Europe offer excellent golfing. Hit the links with your personal set of clubs .
- Wineries: Know what you are talking about before you get there by checking out a wine guide.
- Spa Treatments: Many European resorts will offer a pampering spa experience. Relax, rejuvenate, and refresh after all of that stressful wedding planning .