Golf Bags Buying Guide
Hitting the course with a sweet set of clubs is a lot easier when you haven an equally sleek golf bag to tote them. From small travel bags to jumbo tour bags complete with stands and cargo pockets, you have a lot of options to choose from. Consider your budget, your clubs and your caddy--if you have one--before purchasing the best golf bag for you. Even if your game is weak, you can still look sophisticated while you play.
Types of Bags
- Cart golf bags are smaller than tour bag, but they can still be pretty heavy for a golfer to carry around the course without the help of a caddy or golf cart. Thus, they're essentially designed to be stored on the cart.
- Cart bags have less pockets and storage space and are often made out of lighter materials than tour bags. This makes them a little easier to carry once you drag them off the cart, not to mention a bit less expensive than your average tour bag.
- Dream about your perfect bag. Picture the features that you want or need it to contain, like a lot of room for your accessories, snacks, etc.
- Think about ease of use, too. You may want a bag that stands on its own if you want it to be able to quickly grab your clubs at each hole. If you live in a rainy climate, you might want to snag a bag that has an umbrella slot.
- Set a budget. Know how much you're willing to spend before you head out to the stores, and try to stay relatively close to that price point.