Hair Styling Products
Everyone knows that no style is truly effortless. Whether you're going for a fancy updo or a tousled and messy look, you're going to need some styling products to help you achieve that perfect coif. Depending on how you want your hair to look, there is definitely something out there for you.
Choosing Styling Products
Below are the most common types of hair styling products and some quick tips for each one.
Water Based: Gel and Mousse:
- Mousses are best for curly, thin, or fine hair because they have light weight, but medium hold.
- Gel is better for medium and thick hair since it is heavier. Gel can help to create those texturized looks on short hair, too.
- Gel sprays are similar to hair spray, but with less hold.
- Gel waxes start out like a gel, but dry into a wax. Great for creating the messy look.
- Take a look at John Frieda Frizz-Ease Corrective Styling Mousse .
Pomade and Wax:
- These products are heavier, but provide less hold.
- Best for texturized, messy looks, but also good for short and dry hair.
- Due to their weight, these are not reccomended for thin or fine hair.
- Use a clarifying shampoo to remove buildup from these products.
- Try TIGI Bed Head Manipulator Sculpting Putty .
Alcohol Based Hair Spray:
- Best for use on all hair types.
- Provides strong hold for any style, especially updos.
- Quick drying sprays make for easy styling and they keep moisture out to avoid frizz.
- Don't spray too much or you might have white flecks.
- Check out got2b Glued Spiking Freeze Spray .
Related Buying Guides