For more information about carving, please visit the following Web sites: Lowes, Pumpkin Masters (cool patterns), You Grow Girl Jack O'Planner, HGTV (printable stencils), and Pumpkin Carving 101.
Trick or Treat Bags
There are many Halloween craft books available that are helpful for creating spooky crafts. Some to try are:
* Halloween: The Best of Martha Stewart Living
* All New Crafts For Halloween
* Haunted House Halloween Handbook
* Hocus Pocus: Halloween Crafts for a Spooktacular Holiday
* The Original Duct Tape Halloween Book
* 101 Spooktacular Party Ideas
* Halloween Costumes (Singer Sewing Reference Library)
* A Halloween How-To: Costumes, Parties, Decorations, and Destinations
* The Halloween Handbook: 447 Costumes
* Halloween School Parties: What Do I Do?
* AllCraftsNet: Lots of ideas for making costumes, recipes, and craft decorations.
* Interior Decorating at About.com: Centerpieces, costumes, decorating, pumpkins, and more.
* Family Fun: A good resource site for craft ideas for various holidays and events.
* Enchanted Learning: Craft ideas plus fun learning activities for kids to do with Halloween as the central theme.
* Artists Helping Children: Plenty of ideas to keep kids busy all week long.
* Kids Domain: Tons of craft ideas for kids, but some annoying ads to deal with.