Facial Skin Care Guide
The secret to a beautiful face is proper facial skin care. By following some basic steps like cleansing, toning, exfoliating and moisturising you can look beautiful and younger. It is essential to know your skin type and purchase skin care products accordingly, before beginning your skin care regime to achieve a naturally glowing skin.
Basic steps in facial skin care:
- Cleansing: Wash your face with a mild face wash to remove dirt particles and makeup.
- Toning: Toners cleanse the skin further and tightens up skin and closes up any skin pores.
- Exfoliating: Exfoliants remove dead cells from the skin to rejuvenate the skin and eliminate fine lines and wrinkles from the face.
- Moisturising: A good moisturiser and sunscreen hydrates and protects the skin.
Types of Cleansers:
- Lipid Free Cleansers: These cleansers are suitable for sensitive and photo aged skin as they have water, glycerin, cetyl alcohol and do not contain any fat.
- Cleansing Creams: Good for dry skin as the oil based products remove grease and cosmetics on the skin.
- Cleansing Lotion: This is ideal for normal and dry skin as it can be easily rinsed with water.
Types of Toners:
- Skin Bracers or Fresheners are the mildest form of toners which keeps the skin moisturised.
- Skin Tonics: Stronger form of skin toners suitable for normal, combination and oily skin.
- Astringents: Strongest form of skin toners that have a drying effect and are recommended for oily skin.
Types of Exfoliants:
- Physical: Any type of granules or material to scrub your skin like exfoliation creams, masks, sponges and brushes.
- Products containing glycolic acids, alpha hydroxyl acids and beta hydroxyl acids are particularly good are keeping your skin youthful looking.
ShopWiki Search Links