Knives Buying Guide
Knives are one of the most essential kitchen tools you’ll ever find. A chef would be lost in a kitchen without a quality knife to serve his various cutting needs.
Kinds of Knives
- Cook's and Chef’s Knives: They are used by chefs to do different kitchen tasks quickly and efficiently. They come in various sizes and are used for chopping fresh herbs, crushing garlic, cutting meats and vegetables.
- Filleting Knives: You can use these knives to separate the skin from the fish.
- Cheese Knives: They come with flexible blades and cut through the cheese without crumbling it.
- Utility Knives: These medium-sized knives have a plain or serrated blade and are used for cutting meat and large sized vegetables.
- Carving Knives: These large knives are used for slicing thin slices of meat or poultry.
- Bread Knives: These serrated knives have a long blade so that a single stroke is enough to cut through a large chunk of bread loaf.
- Cake Knives: They have a broad and flattened edge to lift the piece of cake off the tray after slicing it.
- Paring Knives: They are small knives with pointed blades and are used for peeling and cutting fruits and vegetables.
- Meat Cleavers: These large and rectangular knives are used for chopping meat.
- Herbs and Spices Knives: These knives come with long and specially-designed handles enabling them to cut herbs and spices. These knives come with extremely sharp blades to chop quickly and finely.
- Boning Knives: These knives are used for removing the bones of poultry, meat and fish. They have a narrow blade, rigid handle and sharp point.
- Fruit and Vegetable Knives: They are helpful in cutting tomatoes, lettuce and other soft fruits and vegetables. A tomato knife has a serrated blade. A grapefruit knife is used to separate the peel from the fruit.
ShopWiki Search Links