Spoons and Scoops Buying Guide
Spoons and scoops are kitchen essentials for serving, eating, and measuring.
- Plastic: Inexpensive and easy to clean, plastic spoons and scoops are perfect for beginners or occasional cooks.
- Stainless Steel: Durable and long lasting stainless steel spoons and scoops are ideal for your wet or dry sampling needs.
- Wood: Sturdy and attractive wooden spoons and scoops are bad conductors of heat but never rust. They are preferred for non-stick surfaces.
- Ceramic: They are not intended for cooking and serve as a decorative article in your kitchen.
Types of Spoons
- Teaspoon: This traditional and classic type of spoon is used to measure items that need to be added in small proportions. It is also used for mixing sugar into cups of liquids.
- Dessert Spoon: This spoon features a wide, deep and oval shaped scoop.
- Tablespoon: This type of spoon is used for dining.
- Soup Spoon: Soup spoon is designed with wider and deeper, oval-shaped bowl so that it can hold more liquid.
- Demitasse Spoon: This spoon has a long handle and slightly smaller bowl. It is used to stir coffee drinks such as espresso or cappuccino.
- Bouillon Spoon: They are generally smaller than regular soup spoon and come with a round bowl.
- Iced Tea Spoon: Also called as soda spoon and is perfect for stirring tall drinks, milk shakes and root beer floats. This spoon is usually manufactured with a long, thin handle and a small, oval-shaped bowl. style4style15
Types of Scoops
- Measuring Scoop: This scoop is used to measure or transfer an unspecified amount of dry foodstuff such as rice, flour and sugar. They are designed to measure out smaller quantities of liquid as well as dry ingredients.
- Ice Cream Scoops: This scoop is designed to scoop out hard and frozen ice cream with very less effort. Generally, this type of scoop is made of quality and durable stainless steel.
ShopWiki Search Links