Bedding Buying Guide
Comfortable bedding can make bedtime heavenly for you. Bedding consists of bed sheets, mattress duvet covers, blankets, coverlets, quilts, comforters, pillows and pillow duvets.
Kinds of Bedding
- Comforters are made of different fabrics. Comforters’ fill power should be considered as the greater the fill power, the warmer and fluffier it is. More than five hundred fill power is considered a good comforter. If you suffer from allergies, you can choose comforters with down feathers and stuffing.
- There are various kinds of pillows - standard pillows, memory pillows, square pillows, boudoir pillows and v-shaped pillows are just a few types. Natural fillings are breathable, highly resilient; last longer, comfortable, light and soft.
- Down and duck feather duvets are heavier than goose down but both offer sufficient warmth. Synthetic fillings are made of polyester. Pillow fillings are made out of latex foam which helps to retain their shape. You can get bedding sets with coordinating duvet covers and pillow shams.
- Quilts are available in various patterns and colours so you can choose one that matches the bedroom’s furnishings. Go for machine washable quilts so that they can be maintained easily.
- Blankets are very vital for comfort and warmth in both cold and warm regions. For warmer climates, cotton blankets are often chosen as they are highly breathable. Synthetic blankets are softer and light in weight. Woollen blankets offer plenty of warmth. The hemming and weaving of the blanket should be done well so that it stays intact for a long time.
- Bed sheets come in various sizes to fit different mattress sizes. King, queen and single cot size are the three main sizes available. Bed sheets especially for baby cots and cribs are also made. Bed sheets may be flat or fitted to the mattress. They come in different prints and designs such as floral, embroidery, stripes and graphic prints.
ShopWiki Search Links