Chest of Drawers Buying Guide
A chest of drawers, also called a dresser or bureau, has multiple, parallel horizontal drawers or compartments stacked one above the other. A chest of drawers is helpful in storing clothing, files and other items, and are most typically found in bedrooms mostly.
- Pine Chest of Drawers: Pine chest of drawers is excellently crafted with great attention to detail. Assembling this type of furniture is easy, and the wood will provide a strong and lasting use.
- Oak Chest of Drawers: Oak chest of drawers is preferred after pine drawers. Oak is also durable and easy to maintain. Oak chest of drawers is of great strength and hardness and is very resistant to insect and fungal attack.
- Teak Chest of Drawers: Teak chest of drawers combines stylish design and durable factor in one. They are very decorative and extremely long lasting. However, teak furniture is expensive too.
- Painted Chest of Drawers: Painted chest of drawers is a lovely alternative to the all wood finish drawers. Painted chest of drawers is partially made from pine and made to the same high-quality standards as wooden drawers.
- Metallic Chest of Drawers: These drawers can be made of stainless steel, wrought iron and have final finishing in powdered metal or in paint.
- Slim Design: This type is compact and space saving. You can keep it your bedroom corners if you just need to tuck away few essentials.
- Tall Design: This type of drawer has a single line of drawers stacked one above the other.
- Wide Rectangular Design: This type comes with 4 to 8 compartments with dual partition, and you can store a wide variety of items.
Chest of drawers has pulls or knobs that can be made of metal or wood. Metallic knobs or pulls are completed with brass, bronze, black or paint finishes for an elegant appeal. Shelves can be made of wood, metal or bevelled glass to compliment the style of the chest. Metal runners or rollers will help you pull and push the drawers with much ease.
ShopWiki Search Links