Many new parents are bombarded with gifts of clothing for a newborn baby. Thoughtful friends and family may get you through the first few weeks of your child's life with cashmere sweaters and monogrammed onesies, but eventually you will need to supplement your child's wardrobe. There is a dizzying array of clothing options out there. Anything from basic generic styles to high-end clothes for fashion-conscious folks.
'''General Wardrobe Advice'''
* Keep in mind that your baby will be growing with each passing month, try to select items that are a little too large for your child.
* Sizing can be rather arbitrary so use your best judgment and read the feedback from other parents about clothing fit.
* Have fun with your shopping. Before long, your child will have definite opinions about what to wear, for now it's all up to you!
* Clothing should be '''durable''' and able to withstand multiple runs through the washing machine (dry cleaning baby clothes can get very expensive).
* Select '''comfortable''' and '''well-fitting '''clothes, watch out for large tags and stiff fabrics.
* Opt for '''easy-to-clean''' items that don't require ironing.
* The best clothes are also '''easy to put on and take off''' the baby, avoid fussy snaps and items with too many buttons.