Spotlights and Lighting Systems Buying Guide
Enhance your aesthetic and functional elements of your living space with interior spotlights and lighting systems.
Types of Lighting Systems
- Spotlights: You can angle these lights to the place where the light is required. Spotlights are perfect for task and accent lighting. To attain maximum versatility, choose adjustable flexible bar designs of spotlights. They are ideal for use in kitchen and hallways, where you want to focus the light on narrow spaces.
- Ceiling or Overhead Lighting: These types of lights are suspended from the ceiling and thus, provide general illumination. Ceiling lights are classified into three major types. They are:
- Central Ceiling Fixtures: You can experience ambient light from almost any corner of your house. They are widely used in kitchens, bedrooms, foyers and hallways as the aid in diffusing light over a wide area.
- Pendent Fixtures: Their unique sleek design has made them ideal for contemporary schemes. Pendent fixtures are great for use in foyers, stairways, dining rooms and above dining tables, so that they provide direct or ambient light.
- Chandeliers: These lights illuminate and bring an amazing sense of light to your home. You can use these stunning chandeliers to accentuate your bedroom, bathroom, foyer and even kitchen.
- Recessed Lighting: Also called as pot lights. These lights are perfect for rooms with low ceilings or in those areas where hanging fixtures may not be suitable. Its innovative adjustable, rotating ye-ball style fittings ensure greater flexibility.
- Track Lighting: These lights are designed to create more intimate and dramatic feel in your home by highlighting the objects. While using track lighting, for better brightness, you are required to add multiple sources of light.
- Flush Lights: Flush Lights provide ambient lighting in rooms with low ceilings. They are available in clear or frosted glass with chrome, brushed and antique-effect trims.
- Wall Lights: They serve as a versatile lighting option that can be used to highlight the remarkable features of your room such as paintings. You can use these lights as an addition to central ceiling light or independently to create a mellow atmosphere.
ShopWiki Search Links