Outdoor Lighting Buying Guide
Some lights are used to decorate the house during special occasions while some provide security and safety to the inhabitants.
Types of Outdoor Lights
- For sprucing up your garden or patio, you can try hanging lights and lanterns garden torches from trees and other garden features. Water features can also be lit up with colourful pond or fountain lights. String lights are apt for special occasions and parties to be held in the patio or deck. Mushroom lights have a scoop shape and tiered lights are mounted on stakes.
- Placing lights by the entrance gate provides safety by deterring intruders. Lamp sconces and shades are ideal for mounting on walls. Floodlights and spotlights are also appropriate for providing illumination to paths, driveways and the landscape in general.
- Light up your front door and the outside walls of your house with eyelid lighting or louvered lights. Accent lighting encompasses all the light fixtures that stand individually as pieces of decor. They are available as battery, plug-in or power-operated lights.
- Some other forms of outdoor lights include string lights for gardens, lamp posts to illuminate the perimeter of your home, recessed lighting to light up a specific area and step lights for safety when walking up or down staircases.
There are various purposes of outdoor lighting. You may require any one of these in specific:
- Patio or deck lighting
- Accent lighting
- Garden lighting
- Pool or water features lighting
- Landscape lighting
- Specialty lighting
- Decorative lighting
- Driveway or path lighting
ShopWiki Search Links