Low Impact Workout Videos Buying Guide
Low impact home workouts are great for beginners since you do them in the privacy of your own home. Unlike at the gym, you don't have to worry about what you're wearing, who's noticing how much you're sweating or that you seem out of breath, or whether you're using complicated machines the right way. You can pause a workout if you need a breather, or rewind if you didn't catch onto an exercise the first time around. You can also do them whenever you want without having to leave the house. As for gym rats, you can supplement your visits with a videos to keep you sweating when the weather sucks too much to make the trip or you're travelling. Workout videos are available in all levels of fitness and for a wide variety of goals, be it fat loss, muscle toning, flexibility, to help you stay on track, so there's really no reason not to take advantage of them!
Strength and Toning Videos
- Don't worry about getting bulky; high reps, light dumbbells , and a general lack of testosterone in your system will ensure slender, shapely arms and legs from toning videos.
- Workouts that combine toning with stretching, like Winsor Pilates , will help you look extra lean.
- Think exercise videos are for wimps? Then you obviously haven't experienced Cathe Friederich . Get a cool, tough, spandex thong-free experience with her Muscle Max vids.
- Check out the props you'll need for videos to get a good idea of the kind of workout you're in for. A stability ball ,medicine Ball , or bosu ball mean an ab and back challenge, stretchy bands mean you'll be working on flexible strength, dumbbells are a heads up that you'll be doing some serious toning and improving your over all strength.
- Though you may not be getting your heart rate as high as with dance videos, toning workouts build muscle mass that will burn calories later on--even when you're not working out.
Other Low Impact Videos
Perhaps you're looking for something a little more easy going than toning videos. Perhaps you're scared of Cathe Friederich. Maybe you want to try something new in addition to burning some calories. Then you've got some great options with low impact videos.
- Dance videos are perfect for burning calories without too much focus on form or rep counts. Just move and have fun!
- Kickboxing videos are tough and empowering, and don't require as much space as dance vids.
- Salsa ,Swing Dance , and Hip Hop videos can mix up your routine and teach you a few new moves.
- Belly Dancing keeps fast movements in a short range of motion and focuses on the core--great bets for protecting your joints and back.
- Aqua-aerobics are a great way to get the heart rate up and body moving while cushioning joints. If you've got a pool and a portable dvd player , you can work out right in your back yard!
- Improve your cardiovascular health, zap lots of calories, and notice how much easier taking the stairs will get after working out with low impact videos. But you may want to supplement your routine with toning videos to build strength and calorie-burning muscle mass.
Low Intensity, Low Impact Videos
Whether you're elderly, injured, or looking for a more relaxing workout experience than doing the disco duck with Gene Simmons , a low intensity workout may be just the thing.
- Tai Chi features slow, sweeping movements that require focus and strength but no bouncing. Bonus? Improved balance (and fewer falls in the elderly). Qi Gong is an even gentler option.
- Yoga is slightly more athletic than Tai Chi , but the workouts are available in a variety of speeds and skill levels. Flexibility is improved as well as strength and balance.
- Pregnancy/Postpartum videos are perfect if you're concerned about exercising safely, or need a targeted pick-me-up.
- Seniors/Seated Workouts are a super-safe and gentle way to get moving.