Makeup for Men Buying Guide
Makeup for men might not be considered a standard for most like shampoo and deodorant would be. However, men's cosmetic products are on the market, and let's be honest, they are pretty useful fellas. Men, if you're comfortable wearing some makeup, then why not? The following is a guide to all of the different cosmetic options out there for men. Don't worry, they are not too drastic and they are sure to help any man look the best he can.
Aside from your aftershave, some skin care, and some hair care, there are plenty of other grooming products out there that won't make a man feel girly.
- Lip Balm -Let's face it, chapped lips are pretty bad. Not just for you, but for your significant other as well. Lip balms will help your lips feel hydrated and fresh. All you need is a standard moisturizing lip balm with some SPF for added protection. Don't worry, all of the following picks are transparent and do not resemble shiny lip gloss in any way.
- Tinted Moisturiser -Moisturiser is such an important part of any skin-care regimen. It will help keep your skin smooth and soft and it will help to soothe irritation after shaving. Moisturiser will even protect you from the sun if you purchase one with an SPF of at least 15. Men's moisturisers are taking some hints from women's and incorporating other beneficial features, like antioxidants and tints. If you're a man over thirty, you might consider using a moisturiser with basic antioxidants to combat wrinkles. Tints, also known as bronzers, will help give you a natural looking glow after application. These won't look like you're wearing makeup, either. The tint in these moisturisers is subtle and it blends easily into skin so you won't have to worry about applying it properly. Here are some picks:
- Eye Serum --This amazing product will help make your eyes look awake and fresh, no matter how many bad decisions you made the night before. These tend to be a bit pricey, but the cost is well worth it.
- Self Tanners will give you a more permanent tinted look. With some steady-handed application, after an hour or so you'll look like you just spent a rejuvenating weekend in St. Barts. The tan from a self tanner will fade similarly to a natural tan. Read our guide to Sunless Tanning for some more tips. And even though a product might be targeted toward woman, it doesn't mean that it won't work wonders on your manly skin, too.
Ready to pull out the big guns? C'mon, you're man enough, right? These basic cosmetics can help make you an even better looking version of yourself everyday!
- Concealer --Concealer will help you cover up anything that you don't want others to see. The only tricky thing is finding a product that matches your skin tone. Once you've found the perfect shade, then covering is easy. You might want to try a few different types in order to determine which undertones blend best with your skin. Male Species Shaving Nick Cover Stick and 4VOO Confidence Corrector are two men's products that work really well. However, the following are women's products that work equally as well on men's skin and cost a lot less.
- Eyebrow Gel --If your suffer from unruly brows, then this is the product for you. Clear brow and lash gel will help to keep your eyebrows in place without adding any color or shine. It's just like hair gel, but in a smaller bottle.
- Shine Reduction Products --From gels to powders to foundation , any of these products will help to tame those oily spots on your nose, chin, and forehead. Gels will just remove the oil without adding coverage to the area, so it feels much less like makeup. Powders can bronze your skin or match your complexion. Foundation is similar, but it is a much heavier formula.
- Brow and Beard Pencils --If you're missing some spots in your facial hair and want to look bolder, try filling them in with a brow and beard pencil . These pencils are ment to fix subtle imperfections and are usually very easy to blend.
Shop By Brand