Congratulations, you are going to be a parent. Whether this is your first or fifth child, pregnancy is an exciting and mystifying time. If it's been awhile since your last child or if you are embarking into the world of parenthood you'll want to check out the latest and greatest maternity products.
Each week of your pregnancy will bring new and exciting developements. Rather than badgering your friends whom have children or your Obstetrician on a daily basis, it's a good idea to invest in a pregnancy book. Some popular titles include:
* What to Expect When Your Expecting-- Factual and informative.
* The Girlfriends' Guide to Pregnancy -- Chatty, informal style.
* Your Pregnancy Week by Week -- Detailed development information.
In addition to these books, there are several Web sites dedicated to providing parents with the latest information about their growing fetuses. These sites often have chat rooms and community boards where new parents can swap stories and share information. Birth clubs are popular on these Web sites. A new parent will register with their expected due date. Then you are grouped together with other folks expecting all in the same month. These groups are a fun way to ease any nervousness and anxiety before the big event.
Top Pregnancy Websites:
* Pregnancyguideonline -- Sponsored by Storknet, provides week-by-week information and pictures of developing fetuses.
* iVillage -- In addition to a weekly guide, there are sections on baby names, and a very popular online expecting club.
Maternal Care & Fitness
In addition to the books, you are going to need to take good care of yourself for the next nine months. Select a Obstetrician or midwife that makes you feel confident and comfortable. Read on for more information about taking good care of you and your baby.