If you are planning to spend $15,000 or more, you may be able to choose whether to buy a new or a used vehicle. However, if you must spend less than $15,000, you're most likely getting something used. Here are some pros and cons about buying used vehicles.
* Used vehicles are generally less expensive than new ones.
* You can chose from a wide variety of vehicle make, model and year.
* Insurance is generally less expensive for used vehicles.
* Newer vintage used vehicles remain pretty reliable.
* You have no initial depreciation to consider.
* Used vehicles rarely do come with warranties; you buy it 'as-is'.
* Without a paper trail of the vehicle's ownership, you risk buying a rebuilt vehicle.
* Interest rates are generally higher for used vehicle loans.
* Scheduled maintenance may not have been performed.