Paper Buying Guide
Paper is being used in offices for office communication and for printing and copying. The dependence on wood pulp for paper is high and so paper should be used prudently and should be recycled and used.
Types of Paper
- Multi Purpose Paper: Proofs and drafts, emails, office correspondence and everyday copying and printing efforts are fulfilled by multipurpose paper that is available in A4, A5 and other sizes. Paper weight of 16-20 lbs is good enough for regular usage. Make sure the paper is low in smoothness and ranges between 170 and 160.
- Laser Printer paper: The paper is especially used in laser printers and has a considerable 22 to 32 lbs weight. The smoother the laser printer paper the better.
- Inkjet printer paper: The inkjet printer paper allows for printing without discolouration. Colour printing can be done on both sides. The matte coated ones offer radiant colours whereas the gloss coated paper stands out due to its shimmer.
- Colour Copier Paper: They have a weight of 28 lbs and are extra smooth with the value of more than 40. They help in colour copying jobs made in-house.
- Recycled Paper: Recycled paper is acid free and free from chlorine bleach. They are produced by recycling of used sheets of paper.
- Security Paper: Security paper can be used in confidential reports and files that have to be held secretive. They utilize security features that prevent information theft.
- Smoothness reflects on how sharp and clear the content is on paper. Higher the smoothness, higher is the sharpness. As the smoothness goes down the paper is smooth to touch.
- Weight of the paper is the weight of 500 sheets of paper. Higher the weight, more substantial is the paper.
- Post consumer fibre is the percentage of used paper in the recycled paper.
ShopWiki Search Links