Security Lighting Buying Guide
Certain security lightings have infrared or movement sensors which glow when something is detected within their range. Even a normal outdoor lighting can be converted into security lighting when combined with separate sensors.
Security Lighting Options
- Cells that are photo electric sensitive switch on automatically during darkness and switch off during the day. Energy saving lamp with cell that is photo electric can be a very inexpensive and effective type of external security lighting.
- PIR light or passive infra red lights automatically glow when any heat movement is detected by them. But this could be very sensitive as even animals and pets can trigger them.
- Timer switches can be made to turn the lights on so that it might seem that the home is occupied even when no one is there.
- LPS or low pressure sodium lights that are well shielded can also act as suitable security lighting option.
Security Lighting Selection Tips
- Wattage of lights should be compared and chosen appropriately. Bright lights need more watts.
- The bulb hours of security lighting should also be taken into consideration while selecting them.
- There are security lights that come with frame that can be easily installed and provide motion detection. Some provide timers and triple bulb systems too.
- These security lights should be easy to wire and mount on poles or buildings.
ShopWiki Search Links