Sex Wax Buying Guide
Mr. Zog's Sex Wax is famous for evoking unsavoury thoughts. Can you guess why? Now that you have filled your head with unspeakable ideas, take comfort in the fact that Sex Wax has nothing to do with that. In 1972, Mr. Zog and a chemist friend created a superior wax to apply to surfboards . The wax was so popular, it soon became a staple among surfers world-wide along with his notoriously offensive t-shirts . Since Sex Wax's premier, Mr. Zog has developed wax for other applications using the same traditional methods refined with modern technology.
This is the original application for Sex Wax that made it legendary. The wax is used to coat the deck (top) of a surfboard to provide traction between the surfer's feet and the surfboard. There are three types used for surfing:
The waxes come in a assortment of aromatic fragrances and are available in a variety of formulas to accommodate different water temperatures:
- Base (apply first if the surfboard has no wax)
- Tropical (24°C and above)
|Mr. Zog's Snowboard Wax is applied to the bottom of a snowboard to reduce friction between the snowboard and the snow. It comes in two varieties and is available in different scents:|
- A "melt-on" wax available in three formulas (for various snow conditions)
- A "rub-on" wax suitable for most snow conditions.
| ||Many hockey players apply Mr. Zog's Hockey Wax to the blade of their hockey stick to get better responsiveness. Mr. Zog decided to use his know-how to once again create a superior wax for hockey players. As the official Sex Wax slogan says, "the best for your stick"|
- Prevents snow build-up for increased stick handling.
- Protects blade and prolongs tape life (Many hockey players wrap the blade of their stick with hockey tape).
|Skateboarders apply Mr. Zog's Aggressive Skate Wax to various surfaces so they can execute tricks. This makes Mr. Zog happy because he likes it when things slide easier because of his wax.|
- A smoother surface prolongs sliding
- Less friction minimizes wear on skateboard
Apply this wax to hand rails, fun boxes , or anything you feel like grinding with your stick for a seriously smooth ride.
|Bodyboarders have been using Mr. Zog's Navel Wax to stop sliding off the board since the 1980's. Keep it retro with Mr. Zog and use this wax on your bodyboard so you don't wipe-out, bro.|
This wax is much similar to Mr. Zog's surf wax. It is available in two formulas to accommodate for differences in water temperature. Use the guidelines below to choose the right wax for your stick:
- Cool/Cold (20°C and below)
- Tropic/Warm (19°C and above)
How to Apply Sex Wax
- If no wax is on the board, start by applying Mr. Zog's Base Wax (using the water temperature chart above)
- Rub the wax in small circles (7cm) until an even coating is distributed on the top of the board only
- Avoid waxing the rails (sides) of the surfboard
- Breakup any clumping or uneven areas with a wax comb if desired
(For Melt-On Wax)
- Remove old wax using a snowboard scraper .
- Procure a waxing iron , or unneeded household iron (no steam) and heat it up.
- Hold the iron above the base of your snowboard and press the wax into it.
- For an all around general waxing, apply cold wax to the edges and main contact points (nose and tail) and then warm wax down the centre of the board.
- Apply the iron directly to the snowboard's base and spread the wax in a thin layer, keeping the iron moving continuously.
- Allow to cool for 30 min. and remove excess wax if needed.