Safety Shoes Buying Guide
Safety shoes, as the name suggests is a hardy and well designed shoe that protects your foot from falling objects and from getting punctured. In most industrial settings safety shoes are a part of mandatory occupational safety measures and in some countries the shoes are required to bear the safety certification. Safety shoes have a protective cap over the toe usually made of steel or sometimes composite material or plastic. This is accompanied by a sole plate and in some versions a metal instep.
Recently, safety shoes have emerged in a variety of designs like sneakers, clogs and even formal style. Safety shoes have invaded and found their niche in the style statements of subcultures like punk. Big names of the fashion industry like Rock Fall and Puma have diversified their lines to include Safety shoes.
Types of Safety Shoes
- Safety Toed Shoes: These shoes have a cap around the toe area and are lighter than the steel toed safety shoes. They are perfect workers who handle heavy object and are involved in hard labour.
- Steel Insoles: These shoes have steel inserts and are best for those who have toe joint pain as they don’t let the toes to move while walking.
- Metal Instep Guard: Safety shoes which have metal instep guards protect the sole of the foot from getting punctured by nails or other sharp items. You can also get steel toed shoes with metal instep guards.
- Steel Toed Boots: These shoes have toe caps that are made of steel and are usually used in industrial and construction sites.
- Plastic Shoe Covers: They are made of plastic and are held in place by elastic and are usually worn as protection over normal footwear. They are perfect for use in medical facilities as it helps in prevention of the spreading of germs in the area and on floors.
Dr. Martens Unisex Safety Shoe :
It is asteel toe-cap shoe with yellow z-welt stitching, black and yellow Airwair heel loop and two-toned sole.
Draper Safety Shoes Black :
These general work wear shoes come with lightweight composite toecap and mid-sole essential for site work and secure areas.
Karrimor Safety Shoe :
Made from high quality leather and synthetic, this safety shoes has textile inner with padded tongue and ankle for comfort.
ShopWiki Search Links