Sound Cards for Your PC or Laptop
No matter what you like to do with your computer, whether it is a speakers
will not do it justice.
How would you qualify your audio profile?
* '''Music professional''' or audio connoisseur interested in making recordings
**Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer
* '''Basic user''': Music, gaming, watching DVDs
** If you just want to listen to music, then a basic sound card will work. However, if you are interested in watching DVDs, you will probably need to get something that provides surround sound. The USB
** For recording music check this out the Speaker
connections most often come included
* Midi/game ports
and controller hook up
** Ability to plug in synthesizers
and other electronic equipment, such as instruments
Browsing for Sound Cards by Most Frequent Specifications
If you want your sound card to run flawlessly, opt for one that has an integrated DPS (like a GPU), so as not to waste useful computer CPU.
* '''Bit Depth''' measures CODEC (ADC & DAC are analog/digital converters) capacity: 24, 32, 64, 168
* '''Output Channels and Mode''': Stereo, Mono, 4.13 Dolby Digital
* '''Max.Sample Rate''': 48, 96, 192
* '''Form Factor''': Plug-in Card or module, External
* '''Interface''' aka how the sound card connects to the motherboard: PCI, ISA, USB, CNR, and FireWire
Search by Brand Name
For all types of users, and for users with all types of things to accomplish, there is the new Sound Blaster
* Terratec Electronic