Boxing Buying Guide
Boxing is no longer a street sport as it has gained recognition worldwide as a professional sport. Boxing equipment are vital to boxing and they have to be chosen with utmost care.
Basic Boxing Equipment
- Bags used in boxing can be classified as double end bags, speed bags, heavy bags, pedestal bags, body opponent bags and maize bags. They are mainly used to improve punching techniques, coordination, timing and power.
- Focus Mitts are worn by trainers for protection from the punches of the learners.
- Hand wraps can be made of tape and gauze and are wound over wrists and hand so that they fit the gloves properly while involved in sparring.
- Gloves can be classified as heavy bag gloves, sparring gloves and speed bag gloves. Gloves with extra padding can provide additional protection to your wrists and hands.
- Headgear is worn to protect the head from punches. Training headgears offer additional protection by covering the cheeks.
- Mouth guards with or without straps are used for protecting the cheeks and mouth, including the teeth, from punches. They lock both the bottom and top jaws together.
- Exercise balls or medicine balls are used during Plyometric training to enhance the abdominal muscle strength of boxers.
- Mirrors are generally used for observing the opponents’ techniques and finding out their weaknesses in shadowboxing.
- Jump ropes enhance the agility, footwork and fitness of the boxers.
ShopWiki Search Links