Binoculars Buying Guide
Binoculars find great use if you intend to spend most of their time outdoors either for recreation or professional purposes. They are widespread as they are very handy and useful optical instruments. They are indispensable among hunters, fishermen, sports fanatics, boaters, astronomers and travellers.
Important Features of Binoculars
- Magnification is said to be one of the important features of binoculars as it can make objects appear small or enlarged. Some binocular models provide variable magnification. They are known as zoom binoculars.
- Aperture of binoculars gets their importance depending on the purpose of use. It also determines the binoculars’ light gathering capability.
- Field of View is nothing but the land or sky area viewed via binoculars. When it is expressed in feet, it is known as linear and as angular when expressed in degrees.
- Interpupillary Distance can be adjusted based on the distance between two eyes.
- Baffling inside binoculars shields against internal reflections and stray light that the image’s contrast is enhanced dramatically.
- Image stabilisation results in images without any shakes.
Factors to Consider
Before to head out to buy binoculars, make sure that you pay attention to the following aspects:
- Light transmission
- Coatings and prisms
- Glass refining quality
- Coating of lens – single, fully coated, multicoated and so on
- Fogproof /waterproof /Nitrogen purging
- Purpose – birding, travelling, sports or hunting
- Binocular size
Inspect the following before Choosing Binoculars
- Binoculars should have hinges which work using steady resistance and should work smooth.
- The exit pupils need to be uniformly bright and circular.
- Binoculars should also be free from chromatic aberration especially when used for astronomical purpose and for birding that requires precise colour rendition.
- Binoculars that provide reflections in bright white colour should be avoided.
Praktica CN10-40x28 Zoom Binocular :
ergonomically designed, the Praktica CN10-40x28 Zoom Binocular features a fold down rubber eye cups for spectacle wearers.
Luger LG 8x21 Binoculars :
It is a very compact and lightweight binocular with 8x magnification offering a panoramic view.
Draper 12 X 50 Binoculars :
With a neck strap, this binocular is ideal for a variety of outdoor hobby, leisure and sporting activities.
ShopWiki Search Links