Camping Hiking and Mountaineering Medical Kits Buying Guide
Are you planning a camping trip? If so, you may need a personal medical kit to treat yourself and your group in times of emergencies. A medical kit is a collection of supplies and equipment for use in giving first aid.
A camping medical kit should be waterproof and large enough to hold various items. The contents should depend upon the destination, duration of trip, range of potential exposures, age and health of travellers and the availability of health care facilities.
A Guide to Buy Your Camping Medical Kit
- First Aid Tape: It has a wide variety of uses, from a makeshift splint to taping on gauze.
- Antiseptic Cream: Help in reducing the risk of infection in abrasions and around wounds.
- Anaesthetic Spray: Ensures relief to mishaps such as burns, stings, bites, cuts and grazes.
- Gauzes: They are made from porous fibres, designed to absorb and trap the blood.
- Eye Wash: It’s a convenient and sterile wash for any eye-related incident.
- Burn Relief Ointment: Aid in recovering common burns that may be encountered during camping trips.
- Bandages: They are perfect for sprains, strains and even to keep a dressing over a wound.
- Plasters / Band Aids: They are used for those little cuts and make sure to have an assortment.
- Painkillers: One should read the leaflet carefully before taking painkillers.
- Latex Gloves should be used in situations where you have the possibility of coming into contact with someone’s blood.
- You should also include tweezers, water purifying tablets, space blanket, hydrocortisone cream, insect repellent, antihistamines and antacids.
Lastly, don't forget to make a compartment to hold any personal medication that you might need on your trip.
ShopWiki Search Links