Sun Hats Buying Guide
Wearing a sun hat is one of the easiest ways to protect you from the suns’ harmful radiation. If you intend to take a stroll around the park on a bright, sunny day or spend the day at the beach , then you should definitely use these hats. Sun hats protect the head and face from the energy-draining heat and harmful ultra-violet rays.
Fabrics Used in Sun Hats
Sun hats are made from a variety of materials like cotton ,nylon ,canvas ,polyester ,jute straw etc. Sun hats are recently made from improvised fabric that is resistant to ultra-violet rays to offer optimal protection.
Different Styles of Sun Hats
Sun hats are available in a variety of styles, which differ in design and construction. Some popular styles of sun hats are Legionnaire ,Bucket ,Wide Brim ,Cowboy ,Trillby and Visor . Legionnaire style hats protect the neck along with head and face and Visor hats provide shade to the face. There are reversible hats for men, women and children.
Tips for Choosing Sun Hats
- Choose a sun hat with a comfortable depth, diameter and brim or visor size.
- Always select hats that are made from lightweight fabrics with good aeration.
- If you are allergic to synthetic fabrics, go for hats made from organic materials like cotton or straw.
- There are insect repellent and anti-bacterial sun hats available for people prone to allergies.
- Check the UV protection rating when buying UV sun hats.
- If you intend to carry your sun hat on your vacation, go for styles that are foldable.
Some popular brands of sun hats include;