Toaster Ovens Buying Guide
The toaster oven is a counter top electric oven that handles a variety of small tasks, such as toasting, limited baking, and cooking. They are the go-to appliance for crisp veggie burgers, mini-spring rolls, and other such frozen foods that get soggy in the microwave . They also save space and money for small flats, bedsits, or dorm rooms that can't fit a full-size oven. Pick up a toaster oven of your own and see for yourself how convenient they really are.
Top-Rated Toaster Ovens
- Double glazed cool wall glass door.
- 60 minute countdown timer with bell.
- Stainless steel and cast metal housing.
- Plate warming area.
- Defrost, bake, grill and convection cooking.
- Non stick interior.
- Interior light.
- Temperature indicator light.
- 1 year guarantee.
- Adjustable thermostat.
- Baking tray.
- Crumb tray.
- Detachable grid.
- 2 years warranty.
- Elegant design.
- Aluminium plated inner chamber.
- Four stainless steel heating tubes.
- Four power settings allow heating from both above and bottom.
- Built-in sixty-minute timer.
- Wide temperature range from 100°C to 250°C.
- Heat-resistant tempered glass window..
- 19 litre capacity.
- Adjustable thermostat.
- 60 minute timer with bell and stay on function.
- Heat resistant glass. Convection oven.
- Removable shelf rack.
- Cool touch control panels.
- A non-stick or porcelain interior makes for easier clean up, as do removable crumb trays.
- Broil feature (especially for hamburgers) and a warming compartment (if you like the warming drawer feature on regular ovens).
- Infra-red for toasting and convection for roasting and baking.
- Timer with automatic shut-off (a nice safety feature).
- Self-cleaning function -- many models are self-cleaning, which means that the food particles inside will fall to the bottom and disintegrate over time.
Toaster or Oven?
- Toaster ovens are not meant as a replacement for the standard toaster or oven. It is too small to handle most proper baking tasks, such as making a sheet of biscuits. Further, it just doesn't compare at toasting. But what it can do is accommodate a variety of irregular shapes and other items that do not fit in, or would fall apart in, a toaster.
- If you find you have many minor baking needs or eat a lot of hot sandwiches, then an oven-toaster is an ideal solution.
- if you are primarily looking to toast bagels, bread slices, toaster pastries, and the like, you should choose a pop-up toaster .