Vitamins Minerals and Supplements Buying Guide
Vitamins are essential substances, without which your body cannot survive.
- Fat Soluble Vitamins:Vitamins A, D, E and K are carried by fats located in your bloodstreams and your body stores the excess in liver and fatty tissues. These vitamins are found in meat and meat products, animal fat, vegetable oils , dairy products and fish.
- Water Soluble Vitamins : Vitamins B, C and Folic acid are transported around the body in water. The major sources for these vitamins are meat, fish, fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
Minerals are natural inorganic substances that are essential for the growth of hard and soft body tissue. Minerals used for performing vital biochemical functions are copper , manganese, cobalt, iodine ,zinc , fluorine, selenium, vanadium, molybdenum and chromium.
Forms of Vitamins and Minerals Supplements
Tips for Buying Supplements
You should purchase supplements from reputable and reliable food store or from a health practitioner. Here are few steps to guide you in buying the right supplement for you,
- Antioxidants and Amino Acids: Ensure that the supplement you buy is rich in antioxidants and amino acids.
- Unnecessary Ingredients: A good vitamin, mineral and supplement should not contain ingredients such as sugars, preservatives, colouring agents, wheat products and lactose.
- Hormone Balancing Extracts: If you are looking for unisex supplements, then read the label carefully that they do not contain any hormone balancing extracts.
- Manufacture and Expiry Date: You need to check the manufacture and expiry date of vitamin, mineral and supplements.