Wall Lighting Buying Guide
When you need to light up your home, you can consider two options or a combination of both – ceiling lights or wall lights. Wall lighting not just illuminates your home, but also brings out the texture and colour of your wall.
Where Do You Need Wall Lighting?
- Living Room: While ceiling lights play a major role here, wall lighting such as sconces and lamps can be installed. Ironwork wall lighting such as wrought iron and rustic fittings are ideal. Use corner uplights for the room’s corners.
- Dining Area: Whether it’s a simple meal or an elaborate feast, the right kind of lighting is important in a dining room. Consider Tiffany wall lights or traditional wall lamps.
- Bedroom: For a simple bedside lighting, you can get a bedside wall lamp. If you often read in your bedroom, then a wall-mounted spotlight lamp or task lamp should do the trick. Other alternatives are adjustable tilt and turn bedside lights. Makeup lights by the mirror are a must for women.
- Outdoor: Front or backyards, patios, porches and verandas also need to be lit up for security reasons at night and aesthetic purposes. These lights are of great use when hosting an outdoor party.
- Stair Lighting: Often, staircases are located at dark corners of a room. To prevent people from fumbling and stumbling on the steps, install low level staircase lights on the walls beside the staircase. Glare free, white light is the best for this purpose.
- Kitchens and Bathrooms: Vanity, mirror and shelf lighting require is essential for utility purposes. Wall lights and lamps are the only feasible option in bathrooms as floor lamps, table lamps may get knocked over.
- Nursery: Your child’s room needs safe and sturdy lighting that provides sufficient illumination.
ShopWiki Search Links