Wedding Budget Breakdown
Thoughtful planning and organisation is key to maintaining a realistic wedding budget . Consult with both families and decide who is willing to pay for what; it is then easier to break down the budget once you have discussed expectations.
Knowing What You're Paying For
No matter what financial limit you and your future spouse have set for the wedding, know that almost all weddings allocate a certain percentage of their funds towards certain plans.
Keep in mind that these are not set in stone, but rather a suggested guideline to follow based upon averages. Each wedding is unique, and it is up to you to add more to less to a particular category!
Average Breakdown for a
Wedding Budget of £11, 000:
|Headpiece and Veil||£150|
|Wedding Night Hotel Room||£125|
- Reception: This is most likely where you will spend most of your money.
- Typically the price of catering , the reception hall rental, and the service fees should be added to create this sum.
- If you really want to go all out, spend roughly 50% or more of your budget on the reception.
- If the reception is not as important to you as other aspects of the wedding, look to lower the amount you spend to about 25% of your total budget.
- Wedding Attire: You will spend a nice amount of money to look your best.
- Photography and Video: You'll want to preserve your memories in style.
- Anticipate about 10% of your budget to go towards photographers and videographers .
- If you have close friends who are involved in photography , ask them to help out! You can save yourself money and have a trusted professional.
- Entertainment: Think about what kind of music will be going on during the ceremony and the reception .
- Expect to set aside another 6-10% of your budget towards entertainment.
- Whether you plan to hire musicians or hire a DJ, compare different prices before making a decision.
- You may also want to take some dance lessons to prepare you for the first dance! If you decide to go this route, add it into the budget.
- Flowers and Decoration: Depending on how minimal or elaborate you might go, these costs can vary.
- Rings: These will last forever, so make them count.
- Anticipate spending another 2-5% of your budget on the wedding rings .
- If you are choosing to have them engraved or looking for a more expensive metal , factor that into your budget.
- Transportation: You and your guests have to get to the ceremony somehow.
- The average percentage that couples spend on transportation is 2%.
- If you are going extravagant and renting a horse and carriage, be prepared to pay a little bit more than you would for a traditional limousine .
- Ceremony: Even though this is the part of the wedding that counts the most, you don't need to break the bank.
- Most couples spend about 2% on the wedding ceremony.
- Remember that you may have to hire an officiant and pay legal fees.
- Miscellaneous Expenses: Surely there will be many other costs to think about.
- Save room in your budget for forgotten items! It is safe to add on about 10-15% of your initial budget to serve as a financial cushion.
- Think about lodging for your guests , lodging for your wedding night the cost of wedding insurance , gifts for your wedding attendants, and other details you might have initially overlooked.